Publisher Team17 and developer Mouldy Toof have released a brand new multiplayer trailer for The Escapists 2 today. The new trailer shows off U.S.S Anomaly, a prison spacecraft, that has been designed to solve Earth’s overcrowded prison problem, and is set to be “the ultimate test of your escaping prowess.” The U.S.S. Anomaly is complete with robotic guards and dogs!, jet packs, shuttles and an A.I Warden. Check it out in the trailer below.
The Escapists 2 is the forthcoming sequel to the multi-million selling, award-winning sandbox prison-escape game which will include, in a first for the series, drop in/drop out play for up to four players in both local and online play.
Escaping won’t be easy though. You’ll have to work around the strict prison schedule and avoid the unwanted attention of guards. Craft weapons and tools found (or stolen) from within the prison, but beware of cell shakedowns. Get a job or perform “favours” for your fellow inmates to purchase vital supplies, all while scouting escape routes.
The Escapists 2 features:
- A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
- 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even a trip to the final frontier!
- Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players
- Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
- A brand-new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
- Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
- New ways to escape
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!
The Escapists 2 will launch on the 22nd August for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC with a Nintendo Switch version to follow. Players can pre-order the game now via Steam and the PlayStation Store with a physical version for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One available from select retailers.