PaperSeven have announced today today that their story-driven adventure game, Blackwood Crossing, will be launching on Xbox One and PC 5th April and Playstation 4 a day earlier 4th April 2017, and will be priced at $15.99/£12.99/€15.99.
You can find more information on Blackwood Crossing below, along with some screens and a trailer.
Blackwood Crossing is a story-driven first-person adventure game exploring the relationship between two orphaned siblings who are growing apart. Scarlett, the older sister, is coming of age and leaving childhood behind, creating distance between herself and her younger brother Finn. When they cross paths with a mysterious figure, a seemingly ordinary train ride evolves into a magical story of life, love, and loss. Players take on the role of Scarlett as she struggles to understand the changes that are taking place in her brother. What does he want from her and can she re-forge the bonds that once joined them so strongly? Their train journey is soon altered by mysterious and surreal elements, with the player able to make their own interpretation as to what is happening. The strong emotional overtones of the game’s narrative emerge alongside puzzle exploration gameplay to provide a balance between storytelling and puzzle solving. The context-driven puzzles engage the player’s mind while the story flow provides a compelling thematic arc. The award-winning game is developed by PaperSeven, a small, independent studio in Brighton founded by former Disney Black Rock Studio developers and Oliver Reid-Smith, writer of The Room. As evidenced by its inaugural multi-platform title, the team’s goal is to create games that explore emotional themes and take players on meaningful yet unpredictable journeys.
– Compelling Adventure: A narrative adventure through love, life, and loss, following the explorations of orphans Scarlett and Finn
– Emotional Journey: A striking psychological adventure that is part coming of age story, part personification of the tightly-wound forces of sibling bonds, and part exploration of the deeply-rooted effects of sorrow and loss
– Puzzle Exploration: Context-driven puzzles engage the intellect while the story captivates emotions
– Gorgeous Visuals: Scarlett’s journey comes alive in every scene with lush scenery, vivid effects, unique characters, and a lovingly hand-crafted feel
– Strong Pedigree: Created by veterans of Disney Black Rock Studio & the writer of The Room
– Game as Art: Mysterious & surreal elements emerge, with interpretation left to the player
Blackwood Crossing, will launch on Xbox One and PC 5th April and Playstation 4 4th April 2017, and will be priced at $15.99/£12.99/€15.99.